Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website: www.deagostini.co.uk (“Website”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of and visitors to our Website.
Your use of our Website means that you accept and agree to abide by all the policies in this acceptable use policy which supplement our terms of website use.
www.deagostini.co.uk is a website operated by De Agostini UK Ltd (“DeAgostini”, “we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 966900 and have our registered office address at: De Agostini UK Ltd, Battersea Studios 2, 82 Silverthorne Road, Battersea, London, SW8 3HE.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (including but not limited to spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party in relation to our Website or business.
We may from time to time provide Interactive Services on our Website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards (“Interactive Services”).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will endeavour to provide information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.