D51 200 Steam Locomotive
Experience one of the 20th Century's most iconic locomotives. Build your own 1:24 scale model 2-8-2 D51 locomotive, Japan's classic standardized modern engine. Built in 1938 by the Japanese National Railways (JNR) & Japanese Government Railways, the D51 was built in larger numbers than any other locomotive made in Japan. This is a truly stunning model made from high-quality brass & steel.
Choose your option: Pay-as-you-build or buy the complete kit
12 months subscription: your 1st month is FREE
6 months subscription: your 1st month is 50% OFF
Complete kit: 10% OFF the regular price
All discount will apply on the checkout - just choose your option and we’ll do the rest!
Need a little help?
Call us Monday - Friday
7am - 5pm CST
Product in Depth
This amazingly detailed 1:24 scale model is available to build in 12 shipments, complete with a short length of track and base on which to display it. Mainly constructed from solid brass, with white-metal die-castings, the completed model is 880mm long (including the tender) and weighs over 10kg. The model includes working lights, a whistle and steam sound effects. You can choose to paint the model black like original the real locomotive, or leave it with a bare finish to highlight the metalwork .
Even as a model-making novice, you can assemble this unique 1:24 scale model with clear step-by-step instructions we provide to show you how to assemble and finish the parts - every step of the way. Even if you've never tried this type of project before, you'll be able to put your D51 steam locomotive together in easy stages, learning the skills as you go.
Your Modeling Experience
Choose your option: Pay-as-you-build or buy the complete kit. All discount will apply on the check out - just select your option and will do the rest!
• 12 months subscription: your 1st month is FREE. You only need to pay S&H fees ($9.99). After that , you will receive 11 monthly shipments of $114.99 plus $9.99 S&H per shipment
• 6 months subscription: your 1st month is 50% OFF. On your first month, you will pay $114.99 plus 12.99 S&H. After that you will receive 5 monthly shipments of $229.99 plus $12.99 S&H per shipment
• Complete kit: 10% OFF the regular price. You will receive your D51 scale model in one shipment of $1,259.99 instead of $1,399.99 plus $39.99 S&H
• Each shipment includes a full color instruction guide and high-quality parts to build your D51 steam locomotive
• No contract, No obligation - You are free to cancel at anytime
Clear step-by-step instructions show how to assemble and finish the parts - every step of the way. Even if you've never tried this type of project before, you'll be able to put your D51 Locomotive together in easy stages, learning the skills as you go.
Key Features of the D51 steam locomotive
A short length of track and base for display
Built from solid brass with white-metal die-castings
Completed model is 880mm long and weighs more than 5 lbs
Working lights, whistle and steam sound effects
Choose to paint your D51 black to resemble the original locomotive, or leave a bare finish to highlight the metalwork
Brass boiler and firebox parts | Steel chassis, wheels and motion | Die-cast turned and sheet metal components | Simply assembled with screws, rivets and adhesives (no soldering or brazing required)
Length: 34.65" (880mm) | Height: 6.49" (165mm) | Width: 4.41" (112mm) | Scale: 1:24
2014-08-20 14:44:58ExcellentThis is my second DeAgostini build, after the Zero. I was expecting nothing short of fantastic, and I was not in the least disappointed! The brass is perfectly cut and cast, and the zinc parts are cast perfectly as well. I am only on despatch 4, and am eagerly awaiting all the rest. Thank you DeAgostini, for another great model!
2014-08-20 14:44:28ExcellentThis is a beautiful kit. All parts are cast - brass and white metal and pre-formed/bent/shaped brass, all the pieces so far are fantastic. This is a very well thought out and produced kit. All you have to do is bolt/screw, super glue/epoxy the parts together, really easy, or for the advanced modeler, soldering. The potential for mild detailing or super detailing is great. Just study the video/picture links here; http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10862 So far, I'm up to pack three, every part so far is awesome. Everything so far is so well engineered/produced/manufactured that the price is quite reasonable. If you're a steam locomotive fan, with the means, but not the expert modeling skills, you can handle this kit. Join up, follow the members builds and you will have an impressive locomotive model. Take the plunge, as I did, and enjoy. Best regards, mwb
2014-08-20 14:43:53ExcellentThis model is beautiful, the parts and details are amazing! Thanks ModelSpace!
Write Your Own Review
No contract, No obligation - You are free to cancel at anytimeDelivery
Unless otherwise agreed, your order will be delivered to you within approximately 14 business days from the date your order has been confirmed. The delivery address to which your order shall be sent will be the address provided by you during the ordering process. The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.Cancellation and Returns
• You may cancel your order at any time within 15 working days of receiving the delivery from us with any seals and shrink-wrap intact by contacting customer service at 1-877-544-6779 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In respect of products ordered, as long as you return the applicable products to us, you will receive a full refund.
• If you wish to cancel at any time after the 15 working days following receipt of your most recent monthly pack, you are free to do so at any time. However, we would advise that you provide us with 30 days to fully refund your account.
• In the event that you wish at any time to return any product(s) you have ordered or received from us, please return them to the address provided to you by customer service along with the RMA number.