Build the VW T1 Samba Camper Van Model - Coming Soon
Get ready to build your very own VW T1 Camper Van model at 1:8-scale, one of the forerunners of historically modern cargo and passenger vans.
Commonly named the “Hippie Van”, the Volkswagen T1 Samba Camper van was a revolution in transport/cargo vans and is part of the Volkswagen Transporter series, the best-selling van in history. Sign up today for details about the release and be the first to begin constructing one of the most iconic vehicles ever to be released by Volkswagen.
The VW T1 Camper Van Model in Depth
The Volkswagen Transporter is a forward control panel van introduced in 1950 initially deriving from the Type 1 (Beetle). It paved the way for modern cargo and passenger vans with its generous space and seating. Most commonly known as the “Hippie Van”, it was commonly modified and used for long ventures with multiple people, an ambulance model was even created in 1951. The Transporter evolved over time but the first model remains a classic and a cornerstone in cargo and passenger vans.
Being a 1:8 scale replica, the VW T1 Camper Van model is a highly detailed representation of the luxury deemed model of the Volkswagen Transporter. The model is true to the original samba, featuring a fabric sunroof, two pivot doors which were iconic to the Samba, and eight panoramic windows in the roof. It was advertised with the idea of using the Samba to take tourist trips through the Alps.
Your model exactly reproduces every detail of the classic 1951 T1 Volkswagen Samba Camper Van.
- Quality Materials & Finish – Most of the body is comprised of metal parts which provides an excellent and realistic finish, giving strength to the structure of the model.
- Original Tyre Design – The wheels consist of cast-metal rims, fitted with rubber tyres with accurately reproduced tread designs and sidewall details.
- Authentic Fabric Roof – The characteristic sunroof has been reproduced in fabric, which perfectly mimics the original canvas and folds in the same way.
- Detailed Interior – Inside, the seat upholstery, door trim, interior and floor match the details and colours of the original vehicle.
- Functional Windows – The front windows slide, allowing them to open and close fully to give more realism to the model.
- Sturdy Doors – The doors are mounted on metal hinges that allow them to open and close while retaining the strength and fit of the rest of the model.
- Strong Metal Chassis – The metal chassis carries the engine and the main front-rear suspension components, also made of metal.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT OVERVIEW >>HERE >>
Manufactured under license from Volkswagen Limited. © Volkswagen 2018 Trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the permission of the owner Volkswagen AG.